About WINS - Featured until April 30, 2018
WINS (Women In Need Society) is Calgary’s homegrown thrift charity founded in 1992 to provide basic needs to women in poverty and their families.
From our humble beginning, WINS has grown from one thrift store to five stores and a Donation Centre.
The revenue from our stores supports our Free Goods Referral Program and four Family Resource Centres.
Today, people from all walks of life frequent our thrift stores knowing their purchases and donations make a difference – right here, right now.
Women have the resources, knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve self-sufficiency.
Helping women and their families help themselves.
WHO WE HELP
- Women and their families transitioning from shelter or homelessness to the community
- Single mothers and their children
- Women leaving abusive and/or dysfunctional relationships in need of support
- Newcomers to Canada
- The economically disadvantaged
- Those on income assistance
- Elderly women living in poverty and/or isolation
- Women experiencing mental and physical health barriers
WINS is currently fundraising for their goal of $500,000. Their Family Resource Centres have been temporarily closed but the WINS stores and Free Goods Referral Program remain open.
If you would like to assist WINS with their mission of helping women and their families help themselves, please visit http://www.womeninneed.net/ to find out more about their services, donate, or volunteer.
FREE SHIPPING ACROSS CANADA
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US AT NAKEDAPE.CA@GMAIL.COM