The following information has been provided by Dogs with Wings:
About Our Organization
Dogs with Wings History
- Dogs with Wings Assistance Dog Society was founded in 1996, as a registered charitable organization, providing Guide Dogs for the visually impaired.
- In 2003, we added the Service Dog Program.
- In 2007, we expanded to offer Autism Service Dogs for children.
- In 2009, we added the Facility Service Dog Program as well as the Companion Dog Program.
- Dogs with Wings celebrated a special milestone in 2016 with our 20th Anniversary.
Organization and Governance
- Dogs with Wings provides service to Albertans.
- We are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
- Accredited by Assistance Dogs International (ADI)
- Accredited by the International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF)
- These two international organizations set the standards and expectations for Assistance Dogs around the world.
- We are members of the Canadian Association of Guide & Assistance Dog Schools (CAGADS)
We specialize in Guide Dogs, Service Dogs, Autism Dogs, Facility Dogs, and Companion dogs.
Shop our website until March 31, 2019 and a portion of our proceeds will be donated back to Dogs with Wings. To learn more about Dogs with Wings, to donate, or to volunteer, please visit their website at https://dogswithwings.ca/